by Regina Kenney
I have not read Game of Thrones. I have not seen the TV Show Game of Thrones.
But I did play Game of Thrones: The Board Game.
Here are my predictions on what Game of Thrones book series is about, based off the board game.
1. Everyone is angry all the time.
2. Somehow a Raven is very important and gives secret powers.
3. There are like… 8 different plots going on at once.
4. The ‘Wildings’ are ‘like the Scots.’ (The words of the Brits I was playing with, not mine.)
5. It’s loooooooooong. (Game took us 3 hours and 10 minutes)
6. Two of the players spent the whole game warring with each other, and then lost. I bet this happens in the books…
7. The person who has the metal demon-like throne rules the land.
8. You have to make aliances, and then screw people over the last minute before they screw you.
9. When you have to work together for a common cause, no one works together (and the ones that do, again, get screwed).
10. If you are too strong you become a target.
11. Raid! Muster! Raid again! And Muster again!
12. The players that focused exclusively on revenge, lost.
13. Fun, thrilling, intriguing, but a HUGE time committment.